jeudi 22 décembre 2011

Wheel encoders !

These wheel encoders are designed for the Boe-Bot, and installing them is a piece of cake, even on such a customized robot...
The servos are mounted outside of the chassis on my Boe-Bot, so I added some spacers to simulate its thickness. This will ensure the coders are at the distance of the wheels than they are supposed to be.


The only "issue" is the access to the breadboard and the BS2 I/O connectors. It's getting crowded in there and I don't really like that : I might build a 16x3 connector to avoid having a web under the PC104... Another idea...



First, I tried the 5 pointed star path provided by Parallax to test the sensors : they work fine but they need some calibration. Not a real surprise though...

For the calibration, I followed the instructions provided with the encoders. These sensors can be very powerful / complicated, so I try to learn how to use them from the beginning... Tonight, I was able to run the calibration program twice, and the measures seem to be constant enough. Here is an example of calibration result, using the Calibrate_All.exe tool :


That's all for tonight !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire