jeudi 27 septembre 2012

Maintenance needed...

I started to work on the wheel encoders again. I tryed to record simpler motions, like straight lines for example... Graphic representations on Excel seemed consistent but I had to stop due to a Basic Stamp failure !
Serial communications issues, weird servos acting... If i leave the robot off for a little while, it seems to run ok, but it's getting worse and worse as I use it...

The BS2 is 6 years old now... EEPROM end of service ? This issue was the occasion to install the BS2PX I got months ago. I just wanted to make sure there is no external problem on the robot that could harm the new microcontroller...

Et voilà !



I just ran a couple of simple programs which didn't rely on serial port commands. What can I say ? That thing is obviously way faster than a regular BS2 !
What's next : PX tests, existing programs conversion, and go back on the wheel encoders !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire